The word Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy”. Reiki is the life energy that flows through all living things. Reiki Practitioners understand that everyone has the ability to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen energy in themselves and help others. It is believed that a person’s “ki” or energy should be strong and free flowing. When this is true a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health.
The candle’s flame has always been a metaphor for the soul! It possesses a tranquil and almost hypnotic atmosphere to those who allow its power to take them to a very special place.
A candle acts as a “self object”. A self object is an object that is a reflection of our self, a reflection upon which we can act. The candle reflects the spiritual and ethical changes we would like to bring about in ourselves. It burns as a reminder and symbol of our desires. Sometimes we have to hand our dreams over to a force more powerful than we are.
Working With Candle Energy
When working with candles, you can be as simplistic or as complicated as you would like to make it. I suggest that you always charge your candle before lighting it.
Sit in a quiet place hold the candle in your hands at heart level and visualize the area in your life you want charged (changed). This will personalize your connections with the candle and allow the needed energy to come to you in a more direct way. Begin by using a positive affirmation (most Reiki Herbal Thin Pillar Candles or Reiki Herbal Regular Pillar Candles come with one), then expand on it based on your specific situation.
You get as much out of a candle (or anything) as you put into it. You must create your own reality through the use of your energy, emotions and visualizations. What you wish to create may come immediately or it may take some time. Experience shows that results are only realized at the appropriate time (the Universal time, not your own)! This allows us a great lesson.
1. Any time you light a candle, always state your true intention and end with a positive affirmation.
2. Burn a candle based on the color you need.
3. Use the seven colors of the Chakra Pillar Candles, (read more on the Chakra Meaning and Descriptions) and light these candles to release the color into the room. The rainbow colors have an amazing healing power when lit all together.
4. Burn a candle for meditation. Sit in front of the candle and concentrate on the light.
5. Always burn a candle that is made from herbs and essential oils. The power of herbs and scent are blended with the power of light to manifest a positive action. Our candles are made from soy and have natural metal-free wicks. Each was handcrafted in New England USA.
6. Burn a candle to bring about clear change and affirmative thought to transform your intentions into reality.
7. A candle can be lit for a season ritual. Consider celebrating the start of each new transition, such as winter, spring, summer and fall, the new or full moon or even your birthday.
8. Use a candle to help clear negative energy from your home, office or your surroundings.
Sacred Shapes Applied to Candle Therapy
The following shapes and colors have a Universal meaning, yet in almost every religion, culture and part of the world, they have their own specific meaning to go along side these definitions.
These shapes are Universally recognized and play a part of our subconscious mind in one way or another. Place candles in these configurations with motivation and your true intention, in order to help you achieve your goals. You can place candles in these shapes on the floor and meditate within them, as well.
An ancient and universal symbol of unity, wholeness, infinity, the goddess, and female power. A romantic attachment or deep friendship and a sacred space. The circle symbolizes the sacred and spiritual including the “sacred” earth.
Because of its perfect symmetry, the diamond vibrates toward harmony. This makes it an excellent shape for meditation gardens or those used for culinary purposes. As this shape also vibrates toward the solidity of Earth, it?s a good bet for magical gardens involving prosperity and abundance, and issues of the family, home, and hearth.
Hearts: generally, hearts represent love, but may also indicate a romantic disposition. True love, happiness, financial gain, lasting love, and love for others.
Eight denotes the intermediary region between earth and heaven or, microcosm, between body and spirit; and the octagon is a symbol of the “best” part of psychic substance that is the vehicle of spiritual light. The octagon expresses the nearness to heaven of the psychic elements in question, and by being almost circular in form it expresses their all but spiritual nature.
This voluptuous and feminine shape not only represents completeness, but is also a symbol of the infinite. It conjures up the idea of wisdom and the power of longevity and for all eternity.
The rectangle symbolizes the female form. Intelligence; Protector; Divine contemplation. The rectangle also symbolizes the equilibration of the fourfold forces.
The square represents the physical world. Like the quartered circle, it points pagans to the four compass directions: north, east, south and west.
Are drawn by ambitious people and may suggest a desire for self-promotion. Little stars indicate optimism, while asymmetrical stars suggest excess energy. A sign of hope, love, joy and prosperity, protection against fires, good fortune, hope, love, fertility, energy and harmony
Associated with the number three. Pointing upwards, it symbolizes fire, male power, good luck; Pointing down, it symbolizes water, female sexuality, goddess, religions, take care.
The Color Significance of Candles
Candle Colors: Utilize the color energy of candles in your healing therapies!
Love, passion, energy, enthusiasm, courage, strength, radiant health. Also good for protection against psychic attack, physical harm and to conquer fear of any kind. Red is the power of strength, blood, family, grounding and rooting into the earth.
Symbolizes the Sun of midsummer. A color of great power. Enthusiasm, fun, vitality, stimulation, adaptability, attraction and friendship. Use for bringing success, or to draw/attract good things and friendly people.
Clairvoyance, learning, mind and communication. Used in operations designed to convince the mind of another. Also to aid memory, healing, improve business, success in the performing arts, promote cheerfulness in a grouchy person and chasing evil energies away.
Symbolizes nature and material gain. Healing, money, prosperity, luck, fertility, promote balance and harmony in an off balance situation, protection and calming. Other uses – For any circumstance requiring a healthier outlook, or a repeated or renewal of a desire or intention in order to perpetuate it, or protect it from deterioration.
Healing, meditation, tranquility and forgiveness. Use light blue for: devotion, inspiration, peace and blessings in the home, to keep a man or woman faithful. Use deep blue for: loyalty on a communal level, successful group enterprise and expansion. Blue is one of the most calming centering colors in the spectrum. It allows for mental wondering and a peaceful mind.
Purple, Indigo or Violet
Intuition, dignity and spiritual shield, wisdom, idealism, psychic manifestation and spirit contact, spirituality, wisdom and psychic awareness. Typically used when great spiritual power is necessary. Effectively used against driving away evil, to breakup a jinxed condition, and for spiritual or psychic healing, or to throw up a veil of spiritual protection.
Protection, peace, sincerity, virtue of kinds, the highest spirituality, purity and truth. The balanced presence of all colors in synthesis.
Emotional love, friendships, gentleness, spiritual fulfillment, affection and harmony. Use for spiritual healing, break up bad prevailing conditions of many kinds, great joy and sensual pleasure.
Awareness, meditation, moon and creativity. This soothing combination of both green and blue create a color, which symbolizes ultimate healing. Calming, peaceful, gentle, cooling and non-threatening. Turquoise brings about change, allowing the mind to release and let go of blocked issues that prevent you from moving forward.
Absorption and destruction of negative energy. Represents the still of the night, the deep cold and tranquil waters, the deepest recesses of the unconscious mind. Good for banishing rituals. As a black candle burns it releases whatever energies you have placed into it, when you charged it.
Symbolizes universal fraternity, great fortune. Use to promote understanding for divinatory rituals and bring about peace in a community in a group. Also used to bring fast luck.
Color of the soil/earth. Use in times of financial crises to attract money and financial success. Also used to attract the Earth Spirits, who must always be remunerated for their aid, and properly dismissed with a special ritual.
Represents stability and neutrality. Use to remove evil influences, or to neutralize any existing undesirable vibrations. Use with meditation to aid the development of psychic developments and ESP. Use as Altar candles to invoke the assistance of the Great Mother, or Goddess aspect of a Deity.
Magenta is an illusionary oscillation of the color spectrum, between the infra-red and ultra-violet at a very high frequency. It is named for the Magi and literally means Magic Color. Used with other candles it will promote a speedy result or action. Also good to use for spiritual healing and quick changes of a favorable nature.
Reiki Candle Fragrances
When the time is right to visit your sacred space, allow us to enlighten the journey. Each of our herbal magic candles has been designed with a specific intention using a unique blend of essential oils. Measuring 1 1/2″ x 7 1/4 inches tall, they are long lasting with a burn time of 80-100 hours. Each candle comes with an affirmation and inspirational message to help you bring your wish to fruition!
Choose from any of our our Reiki Herbal Thin Pillar Candles:
- Abundance – Clove, Citronella, Lemon Balm, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- Angel’s Influence – Honeysuckle, Sweet Heather, Rose, Peppermint
- Ascended Masters & Guides – Dragon’s Blood, Olive Oil, Saffron, Peppermint, Musk
- Astral Journey – Rosemary, Frankincense, Myrrh, Citronella, Cypress
- Black Cat – Clove
- Compassion – Orange Blossom, Vanilla, Chamomile
- Confidence – Pine, Patchouli, Salt, Cypress
- Courage – Grapefruit, Pine, Rosemary
- Creativity – Iris, Rose, Cinnamon
- Dreams – Lavender, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang
- Friendship – Musk, Carnation, Wisteria
- Good Health – Clove, Nutmeg, Lemon Balm, Poppy Seed, Cedar, Honeysuckle, Juniper
- Harmony – Orange Blossom, Rose, Sassafras, Juniper, Myrrh, Dragon’s Blood
- Healing – Cedar, Ocean, Lemon Balm, Heather
- Housewarming – Cinnamon, Apple, Orange
- Joy – Plumeria, Jasmine, Sandalwood
- Laughter – Citrus
- Love – Olive Oil, Patchouli, Rose, Clove, Lavender, Dragon’s Blood
- Manifest A Miracle – Magnolia, Honeysuckle, Rose
- Money – Clove, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Myrrh, Citronella
- Mother – Orange Blossom, Chamomile, Vanilla
- Motivation – Sunflower, Myrrh, Frankincense
- Peace – Vanilla, Clove, Myrrh, Ginger Root, Caraway
- Positive Energy – Frankincense, Dragon’s Blood, Sandalwood, Saffron
- Power – Clove, Musk, Patchouli
- Problem Solving – Rosemary, Honey, Honeysuckle
- Protection – Frankincense, Sandalwood, Rosemary, Clove
- Spirit – Sage, Lemon, Clove
- Wisdom – Coconut, Mint, Cedar, and Eucalyptus
Candle Safety Tips
1. Please observe the following safety tips whenever you use candles.
2. Always keep a burning candle within sight.
3. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
4. Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
5. Always extinguish all candles before leaving the house.
6. Always read and follow the manufacturer?s instructions carefully.
7. Trim wicks to 1/4 inch prior to each use unless the instructions tell you to do otherwise. This helps regulate the flame height and can reduce smoking.
8. Always use an appropriate candleholder place on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
9. Keep burning candles away from drafts. This can alter the candles performance, burn time and keeps the wax burning evenly.
10. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container, typically when 1 – 2 inches of wax remains for most candles and 1/2 inch for container or jar candles.