Chakra is a Sanskrit word meaning spinning wheel. They are a system of seven primary energy centers located along the spine. Each chakra corresponds to specific regions of the body and different emotional and behavioral characteristics. The seven primary chakras are also associated with specific colors and symbols.
Chakra Pillar Candles combine color therapy with aromatherapy and are a great way to enhance energy healing sessions and meditations. The color and fragrance blend of each candle are designed to enhance specific healing energies.
The Seven Chakras
The Chakras are said to be “force centers” or whorls of energy from a point on the physical body, the layers of the chakras form an ever-increasing fan-shaped formation (the fans make the shape of a love heart). Chakras are considered the focal points for the reception and transmission of energies. Seven major chakras or energy centers are considered ideal and they are represented by different colors.
Use chakra candles to bring greater focus to your energy healing work. Cleanse and balance the chakras often to promote wellness in body, mind and spirit.
1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
Muladhara – the Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine and colored red. Red chakra candles encourage increased vitality and self-confidence. The color red provides Earth power.
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
Svadhisthana – The Sacral Chakra is located in the lower abdominal region below the navel. Orange chakra candles enhance feelings of sensuality and emotional intimacy. They also promote creativity and self-expression.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
Manipura – The Solar Plexus is associated with yellow, the color of vitality and heightened intelligence. This chakra candle is used to encourage higher thought processes and promote a strong sense of personal power.
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
Anahata – The Heart Chakra is the center of one’s being and serves as a hub of emotional and spiritual energies. It covers the heart and circulatory system, the essence of life. Green Chakra candles draw healing energies and assist the release of heartaches and regret, opening up the soul to new opportunities.
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
Vishuddha – The throat chakra, located at the center of the throat, is associated with the color blue. This chakra corresponds with personal expression; the ability to listen effectively and communicate clearly through speech and the written word. Blue has a calming effect that allows us to connect to higher thought processes and express them.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
Ajna – the Third Eye or Brow chakra, is located between the eyebrows at the center of the forehead. It is associated with the color Indigo and connects us to intuition, spirituality, higher wisdom and greater understanding. Indigo is a deeply spiritual color that unites the Earthly red, with the spiritual blue.
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually
Sahasrara – The Crown Chakra is located above the crown of the head and is associated with the color Purple. Purple has been used since ancient times to depict royalty and higher spiritual wisdom. This chakra connects the soul with the universe and increases creative imagination, heightens intuition and promotes greater understanding.
Candle Safety Tips
1. Please observe the following safety tips whenever you use candles.
2. Always keep a burning candle within sight.
3. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
4. Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
5. Always extinguish all candles before leaving the house.
6. Always read and follow the manufacturer?s instructions carefully.
7. Trim wicks to 1/4 inch prior to each use unless the instructions tell you to do otherwise. This helps regulate the flame height and can reduce smoking.
8. Always use an appropriate candleholder place on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
9. Keep burning candles away from drafts. This can alter the candles performance, burn time and keeps the wax burning evenly.
10. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container, typically when 1 – 2 inches of wax remains for most candles and 1/2 inch for container or jar candles.